Raunds Town Council provides YOUR local services. We strive to make this a better place to live, work and visit. Our website includes a wealth of information about how we conduct business and what we do. Use the search or browse the site to find whatever you are looking for. If you can't find what you want or would like to recommend any improvements to our website then please contact us.
A number of events and activities are taking place to raise the profile of tourism in the Nene Valley from 25 March – 2 April.
As part of the national English Tourism Week campaign being led by VisitEngland, Destination Nene Valley (DNV) will promote events and activities to showcase the tourism offer in the Nene Valley, including:
- The development and promotion of a seasonal Nene Valley Explorer challenger which encourages families to explore new and popular venues in the Nene Valley (with prizes to be won).
- Promotion of Nene Valley activities and events through www.nenevalley.net and social media channels @_nenevalley and www.facebook.com/rivernene
- An annual stakeholder event which is taking place at Delapré Abbey on Wednesday 29 March from 10.15am and is sponsored by Northampton Borough Council. A free marketing workshop will be available to tourism businesses.
- A brochure swap event for local accommodation providers to network with visitor attractions at Stanwick Lakes on Friday 31 March from 1-3pm.
- Interviews with tourism businesses to be promoted through @_nenevalley and @ENCouncil on Twitter.
- Promotion of a photographic competition – visit www.nenevalley.net for more information (from 22 March).
- Promotion of attractions through the distribution of tourism leaflets across the Nene Valley.
Activities and events are being organised through the DNV project, which aims to promote the Nene Valley as a competitive, sustainable destination offering wildlife heritage and culture to a mixture of local, national and international audiences. More »
East Northamptonshire Councillor and Board Member for the DNV project, Sarah Peacock, said:
"English Tourism Week is a great opportunity to promote the fantastic wildlife, heritage and cultural offer in the Nene Valley. Tourism brings 2.4 million visitors each year. The English tourism sector touches everyone – visitors, residents, businesses and employees."
Cllr Jonathan Nunn, Leader of Northampton Borough Council, added:
"Hosting this event will help us cement our place as part of a very strong partnership dedicated to promoting the Nene Valley as a visitor destination. Delapré Abbey is the latest heritage attraction along the river's expanse, so it's entirely fitting that we welcome everyone from Destination Nene Valley to see what it has to offer. We know they'll be impressed."
Tue, 28 Mar 2017 14:17 by Emma Williams
If you care about local rights of way, then why not become a member of the Northamptonshire Local Access Forum and make your views count?
The main remit of the group is to advise the county council, as well as district and borough councils, on the management of the county's public rights of way. The advice of the group is to ensure the continued improvement and protection of public rights of way in Northamptonshire for the purposes of open air recreation and the enjoyment of the countryside. More »
Recent topics of discussion have included the government's proposals for the new high speed rail network (HS2), the A43 Corby Link Road, the A509 Isham Bypass
Fri, 24 Mar 2017 11:55 by Kate Houlihan