To view agendas for the Finance Committee please click here
To view minutes for the Finance Committee please click here
The purpose of the Finance Committee is to maintain financial oversight over the Council's finances. It has delegated authority to spend within its allocated budget. This will include making decisions on budgeted finance and recommend to Council any proposals which are outside the approved budget and require either grant aiding or the use of financial reserves.
The Committees Terms of Reference are:
- annually review financial regulations and recommend to Council any changes;
- oversee internal audit, consider any weaknesses identified and recommend appropriate actions;
- use its delegated authority to spend within the budget allocated to the committee subject to the overall budget adopted by the Council;
- oversee the preparation of a medium term financial plan;
- Prepare draft budgets for the following financial year and recommend to Council accordingly;
- maintain oversight of the income and expenditure against the current financial year's budget.
- approve applications for virement either from other committees or the Council's Responsible Financial Officer.
- consider and recommend to Council applications for expenditure from other committees which are outside their current budgets.
Members of the Finance Committee
Cllr Nick Beck - Ex Officio
Cllr Richard Levell (Chairman)
Cllr Helen Howell
Cllr Bob Tyman
Cllr Lee Wilkes (Vice-Chairman)
Cllr Jamie Duff