Raunds Town Council

Serving the people of Raunds

Cllr S Hughes Website

Clerk: Nina Villa
The Hall, Raunds
Northamptonshire NN9 6LT

Your Town Councillors

Your other Local Elected Representatives

County Councillor at Northamptonshire County Council

The town is situated within the County of Northamptonshire and Raunds, Stanwick and Hargrave have one County Councillor who represents them at Northamptonshire County Council

Cllr Dudley Hughes

District Councillors at East Northamptonshire Council

The town is situated within the District of East Northamptonshire and we have four District Councillors who represent Raunds at East Northamptonshire Council

Saxon Ward:

Cllr Tony Boto & Cllr Lance Jones

Windmill Ward

Cllr Peter Wathen & Cllr Glenvil Greenwood-Smith

Member of Parliament

MP for Corby and East Northamptonshire:

Tom Pursglove

Town Council Elections

Members are elected for a four-year term with the next scheduled election due in May 2020 in line with other tiers of local government. Due to the COVID-19 outbreak the government have announced that the local elections for May 2020 have been postponed for one year.

Alternatively, a seat on the Town Council may become available in the event that a current member resigns.

Almost anyone can become a Councillor and parish/town councils currently have Councillors from various walks of life.

If you would like to serve the community as a Councillor then you should consider the following:

  • you want to do something positive for the community
  • you want to spend your time productively
  • you can think, listen and act locally, in the best interests of your parish
  • you want to give something back to your community

To stand for election on the day of nominations, you must be:

  • 18 or over;
  • a UK, Irish, EU or Commonwealth citizen; and
  • be registered to vote in your parish, or live, work in or occupy as owner or tenant some land or property in the parish during the whole of the 12 months before nominated as a candidate.

To stand for election, you must complete papers from East Northamptonshire Council. You will need to be proposed and seconded by two electors, who must be included in the electoral register for the parish for which you want to be a candidate.

You must return the form to the Elections Team at East Northamptonshire Council by the deadline stated.

For more information on all Elections please visit the East Northamptonshire Council Website.